SB 564: Healthy Start Bill Needs Your Help
PLEASE CALL WV DELEGATES AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT SB 564
KEY TARGETS RIGHT NOW ARE THE DELEGATES ON THE HEALTH AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE – CLICK HERE FOR NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS
- On cross-over day in the West Virginia legislature, SB 564 passed unanimously in the Senate and now will be considered by the House.
- SB 564 will provide Medicaid/CHIP health insurance coverage to low-income, uninsured pregnant women up to 300% of the federal poverty level.
- SB 564 will cost WV only $600,000 – because most of the money will be federal matching funds.
- SB 564 represents one of the most important investments that our legislators could make to give West Virginia a brighter future – and an opportunity for Republicans and Democrats to work together.
- The health of a mother and her child’s health are intertwined. To have a healthy start for a child born in West Virginia, women need health services during pregnancy – including prenatal services - and new mothers need health services to stay healthy as they take on the responsibility of care for their newborn baby.
- As our state confronts a growing drug epidemic, the importance of providing health services to this population has never been more important.
AGAIN - KEY TARGETS RIGHT NOW ARE THE DELEGATES ON THE HEALTH AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE – CLICK HERE FOR NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS
PLEASE make a difference and pick-up the phone. It will only take a minute.